Not having a solid online presence makes it practically impossible for a business to survive and thrive in the modern digital-first world. It is no surprise then that eCommerce has grown exponentially in the recent past. These days, eCommerce app or website development tools, services, solutions, and companies are in great demand.
According to estimates, one in every four eCommerce businesses uses Magento 2 for their online presence.
Magento was built to enable effective eCommerce development at a reasonable cost. Magento offers a wide variety of benefits and features. It has always been a niche choice for eCommerce website and app development. In previous posts, we have covered some of the key benefits that contribute to making Magento the most sought-after tool in the industry. You can read more about the key benefits here. This blog post will focus on why a specific version – Magenta 2 – is the right solution for modern-day eCommerce businesses.
A Quick Look at the Magento Timeline
As an eCommerce platform software, Magento was launched way back in 2008. In 2015, the company released Magento 2 and encouraged patrons to switch over from the older version, Magento 1, because the new version provided greater benefits. Some customers, however, continued to stay with Magento 1. In June 2020, Magento officially stopped supporting the first version, meaning that no more patches or updates are being generated for Magento 1. With security risks, limited types of payment methods, outdated extensions, and many other potential pitfalls, we no longer recommend that businesses stay on the legacy version.
Why is Magento 2 Perfect for eCommerce Development
26% of the top one million websites from around the world use Magento, and for good reason. For starters, it is an open-source software that is equipped with numerous tools and solutions that effectively provide eCommerce companies with a flexible architecture. This makes it easy for you to customize your eCommerce website or app to your specific needs and preferences.
Let us have a look at the features and exclusive technological capabilities that Magento 2 provides customers with
- Create superior shopping experiences using
- Intuitive drag-and-drop Page Builder feature
- Groundbreaking Progressive Web Applications Studio
- Advanced search feature
- Faster page load speed
- Personalized shopping experience
- Responsive design
- Simplified two-step checkout process
- Experience better operational intelligence with
- Touch-enabled admin interface
- Better UX for non-technical staff
- Easy marketplace integration
- Built-in digital marketing assistant
- Optimized cloud infrastructure for scalability
- Native content delivery network
- Advanced content staging and preview
- Reliable tech support
Host multiple websites using the same backend
In case you have a business that has different stores across various geographical locations, you can host and manage multiple websites using Magento 2 (it supports multilingual development). While each one will have a unique domain name and configuration, you can use the default options to manage the main configuration of all your stores. Not only is this model very convenient, but it also helps save precious dollars that you would otherwise end up spending on installing multiple servers or backend software.
Apart from these benefits and features, Magento 2 also supports the latest PHP versions, (which can affect site speed) provides CSS3, HTML5, as well as MySQL support, and is designed to offer unprecedented mobile-friendliness.
The 3 Editions of Magento 2 You Should Know About
It is important to know that there are three current versions or editions of Magento 2 that you as a business leader must know about –
- Magento 2 Open Source – Also known formerly as Community Edition, this edition is free for use and can be easily downloaded and installed from the official website. However, the catch is that the user is then responsible for all the hosting, support, and development costs.
- Magento 2 Commerce – This enterprise edition is the premium on-premise version that offers additional features and technical support. Ideal for larger businesses, the monthly costs for this version are relatively higher.
- Magento 2 Commerce Cloud – The best and most efficient edition is the Magento 2 Commerce Cloud. As the name suggests, it is a cloud-hosted version. While it offers the same features as the enterprise edition, this edition does not require you to find the proper hosting for your website.
Explore Our eCommerce Development Solutions
Magento is by far the most popular eCommerce platform globally. The gross merchandise volume transacted on the platform exceeds $155 billion annually.
Are you on the lookout for a Magento development company? Based in New York, we are a 360-degree web-development company that excels in creating cutting-edge eCommerce websites hosted on Magento 2. Having delivered effective solutions to a massive array of clients all over the globe, the QualDev team specializes in Magento eCommerce development services. We provide you user-friendly eCommerce website and app built using the latest features Magento 2 offers.