If you have an eCommerce business, you will need to find new ways to promote that business if you want to succeed. Have you ever considered SMS to grow the revenue for your eCommerce site? If so, great! All you need to do is split test, then rinse and repeat. If not, you have some work to do. Using SMS to skyrocket your sales is a great way to grow your business and one that will give you the biggest return on your investment. That’s why I’m going to give you some hot tips for setting your eCommerce efforts on fire using SMS marketing techniques.
Why Use SMS for eCommerce?
Consumers spend more than 15+ hours each week performing research on their smartphones and mobile devices. Therefore, if you want the best chance of having your messages heard, you need to go where your customers’ are, which, as we mentioned above, is usually on their smartphone.
Forty percent of all mobile searches happen between 6 pm and 12 pm with tablet use occurring in the living room 88 percent of the time and in the bedroom 79 percent of the time. So if that’s not enough to convince you to use SMS to promote your eCommerce business then I don’t know what is.
SMS Text Messages versus Emails
Did you know that text messages are opened 97 percent of the time versus emails being opened only 20 percent of the time? And that 75 percent of people would prefer to have special offers and other types of communication sent to them via text over any other form of contact? That means you should spend some time mastering the art of SMS marketing, because doing it right could mean the difference between having an extremely successful campaign or a total flop.
Hot Tips for Using SMS to Promote an eCommerce Business
SMS marketing is less invasive than other types of marketing because anyone you message is required (by law) to opt-in and give you their permission to become a part of your marketing program.
Here are some hot tips for beginning an SMS for eCommerce campaign
● Select your mobile keyword that is a keyword you want to give your customers for texting. This should be something that grabs your customers’ attention.
● Develop an auto-reply. This can be a thank you or any other message that’s sent after the customer texts your keyword.
● Have your high value content written to include a mix of education, information and promotion. And don’t forget to create a sense of urgency and a call to action so your customers know exactly what it is you want them to do.
● Determine your desired frequency.
● Consider buying a short code that you can use to associate with your brand.
● Grow your list using QR codes, online signup pages, emails and your social media pages, etc.
● Test, tweak, rinse and repeat.
If you would like more information about setting up an SMS campaign for your eCommerce business, contact us today and let us show you how we can help you take your business to the next level.
Sophorn is the marketing guy at Trumpia, a mobile content delivery service that allows users to customize their one-to-one marketing efforts by interconnecting and optimizing all digital platforms.